Springtime is here and summer is fast approaching. At SunRise Sail, we feel that there’s no better way to enjoy life than to spend it on the open water on a sailing adventure. Sailing is a wonderful sport that soon captures your heart and becomes more of a lifestyle. There are many reasons to learn to sail but here are just a few that quickly come to mind:
- Sailing is a great way to enjoy and learn about the outdoors. Not only will you learn to handle your vessel, but you will have a greater understanding of the wind and the weather. Learning to sail will also teach you to be an active participant in other types of boating. Sailing is always a great opportunity to challenge yourself that will leave you with a sense of accomplishment.
- No matter how many times you sail, each trip will be new and exciting. The thrill of unique and fun experiences will keep you coming back for more!
- One of the best things about sailing is the company you keep. Sailing is a great way to spend time with family and friends. Being secluded away together on your sailboat will give you quiet, quality time. Working together as a team while sailing is a bonding experience that you and your first mates won’t soon forget!
- On the other hand, sailing can also offer perfect peace and solitude. Being out on the open water with just the sound of the wind in your sails for a few hours or a few days is a perfect way to lower your stress level.
- While sailing is a physical activity that can be a challenge at times, it also provides some wonderful relaxation. Whether you’re soaking in some sun or enjoying a beautiful sunset, sailing is a great way to escape and relax.
- At SunRise Sail, we are certain that learning to sail will provide you and your family some much needed “away time.” The mental and physical workout on the water will no doubt leave you with a feeling of happiness and contentment.
SunRise Sail is a premier Lake Lanier sailing club. We are proud to be an American Sailing Association training facility, offering affordable and convenient classes. Our crew is committed to teaching our students how to sail and sail well. We offer a rigorous, safety-first education program that will prepare you for a lifetime of sailing fun.
Cross ‘learning to sail’ off your to-do list today. We look forward to working with you!